The Pets on Quilts Show is intended to be a fun virtual quilt show that obviously has a pet theme. Quilts will be accepted in this show if they meet the following criteria:
1. Quilt may be of any size or design, but must be made by the person submitting the entry.
2. Quilt must have a pet theme: It might be that the fabric or design has a pet motif, or the quilt has a photo of your pet on the quilt.
3. Quilt designs (e.g. EQ6 or EQ7) are acceptable if they have a pet theme.
4. All submissions must be yours (do not submit something that has a copyright issue, or made by another person).
5. One entry per person (one post per blog, but it can contain more than one photo).
6. Bloggers need to submit their entry by posting a photo(s) of their entry on their blog, with insights about their quilt and/or pet. Post must be dated between August 7th and August 21st. Your post also needs to show that you are entering, what you are sharing, in the Pets on Quilts Show, with a link back to the show page (which contains links to all the entries).
A post will be made on SewCalGal on August 7th that will contain a MckLinky that bloggers will be able to add a link to their post that is viewed as their entry to this show (not a link to their blog). For bloggers, they are welcome to post more than one Pet on Quilt/Pet themed quilt in their post that they enter via the Mcklinky to this show (but only one link to Mcklinky per person/blog).
7. Non-bloggers have two ways to submit their entry:
a. Followers of SewCalGal on Facebook (www.facebook.com/sewcalgal) can post a photo of their entry on SewCal Gal’s wall between today and August 7th, with insights about their quilt and/or pet in their comments. Their comments must include insight that they are sharing to enter their project in the Pets On Quilts show.
b. For non-bloggers and/or non-Facebook quilters that want to enter this show, they can submit their entry to SewCalGal via between today and August 7th, with insights about their quilt and/or pet in their comments. Their comments must include insight that they are sharing to enter their project in the Pets On Quilts show.
c. For all non-bloggers that enter this show, SewCalGal will post a consolidated entry. Not all non-blogging entries are guaranteed to be posted. To clarify, if the volume of entries for non-bloggers is large (more than 10 per day), SewCalGal will randomly select out of the pool of non-blog entries, which will be entered via the method for non-bloggers.
For insights on the 24 awards to be given in this show click here:
For insights on the sponsors for this show and the 31+ prizes click here:
1) Please be sure that your comments have the ability for me to contact you. No-reply and/or anonymous comments will automatically be disqualified, unless you leave me a way to contact you. If you are not sure if your settings will let me contact you, please check your settings prior to this event and/or feel free to leave a test comment on this post sharing insights about rules. You should also review this info: click here, but you’ll find tips towards the bottom of this page for insights on winning at giveaways and contests.
2) SewCalGal reserves the right to change the rules, as necessary, at any time. A non-partisan group of volunteer bloggers will be recruited to help with administering the rules, should there be any concerns. If you are interested in volunteering for this committee, or have any feedback on the rules-to-date, please email SewCalGal.
If you have any questions on these rules, please email SewCalGal or leave a comment on this post.
For a list of the categories of prizes, to see how they will be awarded, click here.
For a list of prizes click here.